Friday, April 16, 2010

Watering the Greenhouse

Watering the greenhouse was the new skill I practiced today. It's very methodical and a little comical, too. The methodical part is trying to maintain the same level of moisture from plant to plant throughout the greenhouse, passing your water-wand over each and every plant in there. The comical part is wrangling your hose so that you don't knock over, behead, or get caught up in any plants or pallets of plants while you try to reach every plant in the very full greenhouse! I felt like I should have been wearing my c'girl hat and roping cattle with that hose! We also harvested spinach and kale for tomorrow's markets at Warrenton and Charlottesville. Andy, Anika and I are all working here on the farm tomorrow while other folks run the markets.

I woke up thinking about a haiku that I started the first day that I arrived here. I finished it from bed:

Chirping like small chicks,
Frogs sing me to sleep at night.
I wake with bird songs.

G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment