Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mary's Rock

Just realized this post didn't post! It's from this past Sunday:

I woke up at 6:51am, two minutes later than my normal 6:49am wake up time. My internal clock has hit 6:49am on the nose for I don't know how many days. It's kinda weird. Anyway, I started the day a bit bummed. I rearranged my weekend and my days off because a friend of mine was supposed to come to the farm. It didn't end up working out, so all of my plans for the weekend dissolved. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, and since I was the only one who had the day off, I had to do it alone. I've been doing a lot on my own since I've been here, and mostly I've reveled in it. I think I felt lonely at the start of today, though.

So what did I do? I headed to the strawberry patch below Rachel and Eric's deck. Rachel says they try to pick a little bit each day since they are all ripening now, so I've been meaning to head over there. I spent about 35 minutes in the patch and look what I found! I saved a couple handfuls for this week and then de-stemmed and froze the rest for later this summer.

Then I planted my moonflowers seeds from my aunts and my moneyplant seeds from my (mom's) friends.

Then I did laundry, had lunch and headed to the Shenandoahs. Since it was already afternoon by that time, I went on a five mile hike just barely inside the park boundary. I climbed Mary's Rock. Park lore says that Mary hiked this mountain and found two orphaned bear cubs at the top. So she carried them down the mountain, one under each arm. Here are some pictures from my day:

And a movie, too!


Hope that didn't make you sick, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment